Carol Perehudoff is a travel fanatic, spa junkie and adventure chick. A Toronto-based freelance travel writer, she’s written for the Toronto Star, Canada’s biggest-circulation newspaper, for years. (See her page here.) She believes the world is a romantic place … you just need to go out and explore it. Or, you could just read this blog.
She’s also the mastermind behind the spa blog SpastoLove.com so check it out for wellness tips, spa trends and destinations.
Her travel articles have appeared in a variety of magazines including enRoute, Review Magazine, Pure Canada and Royal Wings and a whole slough of newspapers like the Chicago Tribune, New York Post, San Francisco Chronicle, St. Louis Post Dispatch, New Orleans Times-Picayune, New Hampshire Union Leader Post, the Halifax Chronicle Herald, Vancouver Sun and St. Petersburg Times.
Her narrative essays have appeared in the online literary journal BOULDERPAVEMENT 2012, and the travel anthologies A Woman’s Europe, published by Travelers Tales, 2004, and Go Your Own Way: Women Travel the World Solo published by Seal Press, 2007. Other essays have won honorable mentions but never a first. Something to aspire to!
Her travel articles, however, do win sometimes, so just in case you are curious here’s a list of her various awards and honours:
- 2012 Semi-finalist, 2012 Florida Review Editors’ Awards contest.
- 2010 Fellowship to attend the Narrative Journalism Program at the Banff Centre, Banff, Alberta
- 2009: Shortlisted, University of Michigan – Prague Summer Program 2009 Fellowship Competition
- 2008: Award of Merit, Bylined Column, NATJA (North American Travel Journalists Association) Awards
- 2008: Award of Merit, Resort Category, NATJA Awards
- 2008: Shortlisted in the Event Magazine Nonfiction Writing Contest
- 2008: Honorable Mention in the University of New Orleans Study Abroad Program in Arts and Writing Contest
- 2008: Choice Hotels Award of Excellence, Canadian Destination – TMAC Awards2007: 1st Place, Historical Travel in the NATJA Awards
- 2007: Runner Up, Bylined Column in the NATJA Awards
- 2007: Honorable Mention, Local Lifestyles in the NATJA Awards
- 2006: Cayman Islands Media Award, Excellence in Caribbean Travel Writing – TMAC Awards
- 2006: Runner Up, Bylined Column in the NATJA Awards
- 2005: 1st Place, Cruise Category in the NATJA Awards
- 2005: 2nd Place, Leisure Category in the NATJA Awards
Professional Affiliations: SATW (Society of American Travel Writers and TMAC (Travel Media Association of Canada)